We can provide your institution with 24-hour coverage in Maryland, for as long as needed , at reasonable rates, Request staff online. Our nurses can provide private duty care for patients while they are in hospital and, upon discharge, can accompany the patient home and stay as long as needed.
You, your doctor, the hospital, or nursing home can arrange exactly the right private duty care with a single call, or Request staff online. Our agency's health care professionals can aid recovery in many situations-after an operation, for the aged, infirm or chronically ill patient-or for many other needs.
What Kind of Nursing Care Do You Need?
Do You Need an RN?
REGISTERED NURSES (RN): All Kahak Healt Care RNs are graduates of an approved School of Nursing and hold a current license to practice. They are qualified to:
- Record nursing history for patient assessment and maintain detailed medical records.
- Administer medications and treatments as ordered by the attending physician.
- Develop and evaluate a nursing plan to meet the needs of the patient.
Do You Need a CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT?
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA): All our nurses assistant are graduates of an approved School of Nursing assistant and hold a current license to practice in MD.
They are qualified to:
- Perform treatments and administer medications as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Assist family in coping with patient illness.
Do You Need a Nurse's Aide, Personale Care Aide, Respite care or Sitter / Companion?
NURSE'S AIDES, HOME HEALTH AIDE, RESPITE CARE AND Sitter / COMPANIONS: Our aides are experienced, trained and certified personnel qualified to provide the patient with general nursing care. Their duties consist of:
- Performing many of the fundamental nursing tasks such as reading temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration.
- Maintaining a safe, sanitary environment for the patient.
- Bathing, oral hygiene, hair care, skin care, incontinence care, dressing, transferring assistance, medication reminders, appointment reminders, preparing and serving meals, feeding if needed.
- Dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathroom, damp mopping floors,dishes, andkitchen clean-up, laundry, bed making,changing linens, trash removal, errands, and shopping.
- Socialization is an important part of daily living. Companions are non-medical staffs that provide companionship and much needed mental stimulation. Companions will read, play cards/games, watch T.V. and movies together, shopping and running errands together or just talking.
- Respite Care
Respite services provide caregivers time away from their responsibilities. Respite care workers will assume the responsibilities of the caregiver, to give them the much needed "rest".
- Live-In Care
For those who cannot live alone and wish to remain independent in the comfort of their own home. These services providea live-in on a twenty-four hour basis and will assume daily activities as needed.
Our RN's make frequent home visits to supervise all services given by paraprofessionals.
Our quality assurance committee under the direction of a physician helps establish protocol for delivery of these services and ensures standards of care, not only in clinical terms but in human terms as well.
To arrange for services in Maryland, call:
MD (301) 933-0054
24 hours per day
or complete our Request For Information form